Sub-Ohm vaping is the art of vaping using a device with an atomizer resistance of below 1 Ohm. This kind of vaping can be a bit complicated and therefore, it’s not for everyone to try. However, if you’re adventurous and like extremities, then Sub-Ohm vaping might be for you. But, first you need to understand the law and calculation of this kind of vaping for you to be in a capacity to handle it.
- I =V/R
- Electric Current = Voltage/ Resistance
- Electric current refers to the total charge flowing through something. It’s calculated in amps per seconds.
- Voltage in this situation is used to refer to voltage difference. This is the difference in electrical energy potential between any two points.
- Resistance in this case means the level of obstruction for electrons in a given circuit. It’s calculated in Ohms.
- Using this Law, it’s true to say that voltage is reduced by the resistance to produce the electric current.
- Sub-Ohm vapers use this law to predetermine the power output of their devices. In this case, if you decrease the resistance of your atomizer (Ohms), the power output of your device will increase. This means more vapor will be generated.
- This law is especially applied to mechanical mods with a fixed voltage. If you want to increase the quality of your vapor, the only alternative you have is to decrease the resistance of your atomizer, thereby increasing the output power.
When applying this law of vaping, it’s important to note that more amperage is required as resistance is reduced. This means that your batteries or coils will be generating more heat. Therefore, always ensure that your batteries never exceed their amperage limit as this could lead to an explosion or fire.